For a long time, I resisted using Instagram. There were a lot of reasons why, but after exploring, I have seen the light! Instagram has tons of potential for marketing your brand and for your personal pleasure.
Here are my top tips for getting the most out of Instagram:
1.Connect your account to Facebook & Twitter
• Connect to your existing friends
• Post pictures on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr, & Foursquare
2.Link between your Website & Instagram.
• Add an Instagram link on your website & other social media sites
• Add a link to your website on your Instagram profile
3.Tag, tag, tag!
• Use appropriate and popular tags to increase exposure
• Some of the most popular tags are:
#love, #instagood, #me, #tbt, #cute, #photooftheday, #instamood, #iphonesia, #picoftheday, #igers, #girl, #tweegram, #beautiful, #instadaily, #summer, #instagramhub, #follow, #iphoneonly, #igdaily, #bestoftheday
4.Comment, Like, & Follow.
• People like more than they comment. Commenting will get you comments back, but more importantly, users are 401% more likely to follow you if you comment rather than simply liking! (But keep liking–it still generates many like-backs & follows.)
• Like other social media, you need to interact, follow popular profiles, and create connections to succeed.
5.Learn your Timing.
• Unlike some social media, Instagram doesn’t have universally popular posting times. Rather, experiment & observe what works best for you!
• Some good times to post are: Mon. @ 5pm or Wed. & Thurs. @ 3pm
• Instagram is a time to get intimate, especially for businesses.
• Photos that aren’t personal or lifestyle centered get 11% less likes.
7.Use Websites to Browse in Full.
• Instagram is made for smartphone (& tablet) only use. But squinting at your phone may not be for you. Fortunately websites like Webstagram, & Statigram are perfect for browsing reviewing photos, checking your stats, & exploring Instagram to its full! I personally love Pinstagram for its great layout & combo with Pinterest.
8.Get the App!
• There are many great apps to supplement Instagram. You can get additional filters, frames, expanded photo editing, stamps, figures, & much more!
Instagram is my new go-to addiction! Will Instagram be the next big thing for you?
Guest post by Annabelle Absar of Family Focus Blog– a parenting blog that reports on family fun, recipes, crafts, eco tips, and giveaways.